Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oct 7 - GAUGE Meet and Greet

Yeah, I know this is very very late. Been meaning to put this post up but got busy with work and forgot about it. XP

Anwayz, I was able to attend the GAUGE Meet and Greet at the Fine Arts Gallery at 3 pm after my art history class. My friend, Britteny, came with me so I didn't feel that awkward going. The food was Sbarro pizza  and some refreshments. While everyone was eating , each person from AIGA would go and interact with any of the visitors. Our host was nicknamed "the Boogie Man", who talked to us about the GAUGE, the website, the benefits, and encouraged us join AIGA. Then, the GAUGE people went up and did an announcement of the same thing with introduction of all GAUGE members and questions answered. Before leaving, there was a picture taken of everyone there. Unexpected but nice. Overall, it was a nice setting and the people were very nice and informative. I might go to the next GAUGE gathering.

Joining AIGA would cost $50 (compared to the original price of $100 I believe) IF 20 people joined. Saw the sign-in sheet and there were only 12 people there. Maybe there are more people interested in joining who were not able to make it to the meet and greet. Not sure when the deadline for that is, but I'm thinking of signing up. They told us to check the website for more information.

Next GAUGE meeting: Helvetica film screening, changed to 3rd floor of art building, 7-9pm
website: gaugerocks.com and aigalosangeles.org

No comments:

Post a Comment